2016 Special Attrition Plan (SAP) Update
- Plants have developed a “plan for every person” – effective date of retirement
- March 1, April 1 or May 1, 2016
- This week eligible SAP employees were notified by GM Management of retirement effective dates
- Fidelity has been notified of retirement effective dates
- The required documents for pension must be submitted for retirement (birth certificates, marriage certificates, social security cards, etc.)
- Members should contact their Local Union Benefit Representative and/or the GM Benefits & Services Center (1-800-489-4646) with questions
- $60,000 lump sum cash payment (less taxes, GM overpayments, court orders) will be paid approx. 6-8 weeks following Fidelity verified retirement date
- Eligible Retro Retirees will receive mailing and instructions to complete/return forms in order to receive $60,000 lump sum cash payment (less taxes, overpayments, etc.)
Transfer Application for GMCH Members
Consistent with the 2015 UAW-GM National Agreement, effective Monday, February 22, 2016 at 8:00 AM all UAW Production members from the GMCH locations will be able to apply for an Appendix A Transfer.
Production members may apply using the Employee Placement System (EPS) and it may be accessed through either the JAS System or Socrates.
If you have any questions, please contact your Local Union.