In the 2015 National Negotiations the UAW was able to retain the rights of the UAW GM membership to transfer from one facility to another under Appendix A of the UAW GM National Agreement. The intent of this letter is to inform the membership on the rules and requirements of the Appendix A process. Any Seniority Member of the UAW GM membership is eligible to apply for a request to transfer. In order to receive an offer to transfer each member must meet all of the criteria under Appendix A of the 2015 UAW Gm National Agreement. The following bullet points are the requirements needed in order to be eligible to receive a transfer offer under Appendix A of the 2015 UAW GM National Agreement.
- You must be a member who has attained 2 years seniority within UAW GM.
- If a member has less than 2 years they are not eligible for transfer rights under Appendix A unless their facility is deemed to have excess employees (excess employees are members that are on an indefinite layoff).
- You must have an application to transfer to a location before the request for manpower is placed in the Employee Placement System (EPS).
The following is a list of criteria that will make an employee INELIGIBLE to transfer in EPS.
- If a member declines an offer in the area hire or extended area hire they will be ineligible to transfer for a period of six (6) months.
- If a member has accepted and area hire offer within the past six (6) months they will be ineligible until they have been at the new location for six (6) months.
- If a member has accepted an extended area hire and received a basic relocation allowance of $5,000.00 they will be ineligible until they have been at the new location for a period of one (1) year.
- If a member has accepted and extended area hire transfer and received an enhanced relocation allowance of $30,000.00 they will be ineligible for transfer until they have been at the new location for a period of three (3) years.