Effective August 1, 2017, GM’s Health Care Program in the U.S. will transition from Express Scripts to CVS Caremark for prescription drug management.
Why the change?
Health care costs continue to rise throughout the U.S. and prescription drug spending is the fastest-growing portion of those costs. Any increase in health care costs directly impacts you and the company. GM regularly reviews its benefits and benefit providers to ensure access to high-quality, efficient care. CVS Caremark was selected because it offers the most competitive pricing and exceptional customer experience. An improved experience is our shared goal.
- Your benefit design remains the same.
- You will continue to have access to a broad pharmacy network. There are more than 68,000 in-network pharmacies nationwide, including independent pharmacies, chain pharmacies, and 9,600 CVS pharmacy locations.
- You will have a new option to fill a 90-day prescription from a CVS retail pharmacy, in addition to standard mail order. The “mail order” cost share will apply.
- You can receive up to a 20% discount on thousands of CVS Pharmacy brand health-related items once you receive your discount card in early September.
- In early July you will be receiving a welcome letter from CVS Caremark, including the new website and phone number. At that time, you’ll be able to find answers to your specific pharmacy questions.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) will be mailing new ID cards in mid to late July. The cards will have the pharmacy information and CVS Caremark phone number.
How to Prepare:
- Watch your mail in July for the welcome letter from CVS Caremark followed by your new health care card from BCBSM.
- Be prepared to show your new BCBSM card at the pharmacy beginning August 1, 2017.
We understand that your prescription drug benefit is very important to you and we are committed to make this transition a smooth one.
If you have any questions, please contact the GM Benefits & Services Center at 1-800-489-4646, Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Eastern time, to speak with a Customer Service Associate or see your Local Union Benefit Representative.
Please look for the following postcard to come in the mail: