APPLICATION OPENS: 12:01 am EDT Friday, June 23, 2017
APPLICATION CLOSES: Midnight EDT Friday, June 30, 2017
The UAW / GM skilled trades include occupations in the following areas; Electrical, Mechanical and Engineering / Die Making trades. More information on the trades is available during the application process.
As with all US-DOL registered apprenticeship training programs, the apprentice will enroll in, and complete required classroom training curriculum outlined by their local joint apprentice committee. To complete the apprenticeship requires approximately four (4) years of on the job training along with classroom courses. The blend of on the job training and classroom will vary by trade.
IMPORTANT: To be eligible for consideration, you must complete your application by Midnight EDT, Friday, June 30, 2017. NO Applications will be considered after this date. You must complete all steps in the application and receive a confirmation message to be considered.
- You must be an active GM member (i.e., permanent, temporary, flex) to apply. Not everyone will be tested. National Parties will determine who is invited based on a random drawing.
- If you previously applied AND tested, you DO NOT need to reapply, but may revisit your existing application to update your locations.
- If you never tested, you must complete a NEW application. (Existing applications without test scores will be deleted).
- If you tested BEFORE 2016 and DID NOT apply, you must complete a NEW application
- Seniority GM Employees are eligible to test two times. The higher test score will be used.
- Non-seniority applicants are eligible to test ONLY once.
- ALL parts of the application must be completed to be considered:
- Contact information
- Basic qualifications
- Review Apprentice Preview website and answer knowledge check questions
- Additional information (e.g. education, experience)
You will receive an online confirmation message upon successful completion.
- Do NOT complete application on mobile / cell phone.
- Not everyone will interview. A limited number of applicants who meet the test threshold will be selected for interview.
To create or update your application go to: http://generalmotors-skilledtrades.appone.com