UAW-GM Retirees – How to Report a Life Event

It has come to our attention that many UAW represented GM retirees have moved and have not updated their mailing address with General Motors.  It is important all retirees maintain a current address with the company to receive important communications, such as tax information, information regarding benefits, etc.

To change your address, please contact the GM Benefits & Services Center at or call 1-800-489-4646.  TTY Service for Hearing or Speech Impaired:  1-877-347-5225.

You would also contact this number if you have experienced a “Life Event”

  • Marriage/Divorce
  • Death
  • Change of Dependents

All changes must be updated to keep files current.

reporting a life event